Professional Angels believes that continuous improvement of its services is dependent upon the continuous development of the skills of its workforce. Professional Angels will therefore review and plan for that continuous development.
The organisation believes that, as a consequence of the requirement for continuous development, in-house resources and in-house training and development events and support are the most effective way of achieving its aims and will use those strategies wherever possible. Experience has shown that in-house development is normally better received by employees, leads to better performance, achieves organisational goals more closely, and overall produces better results for the company and its employees.
All new members of staff will successfully complete an induction programme to the standard of the Skills for Care Common Induction Standards, within 12 weeks of appointment.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) state that all staff should receive a comprehensive induction that takes account of recognised standards within the sector and is relevant to their work place and their role. The relevant induction in this context means The 15 sections of the Care Certificate from the Care skills Academy.
- All in one day Mandatory training
1. Equality and Diversity
2. Health and Safety at Work
3. Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
4. Information Governance (Includes Caldicott Principles)
5. Fire Safety Awareness 6. Infection Control (Includes RIDDOR & COSHH)
6. Food Hygiene
7. Manual Handling - (Includes Practical Session)
8. Basic Life Support including CPR - (Includes Practical Session)
9. Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults (Level 1 & 2)
10. Safeguarding Children (Level 1 & 2)
11. Conflict Management
12. Lone Working
Social Care TV
online training courses
- Sleep training